Wednesday, January 11, 2006

They Lied! Um...unless they have me on tape.

Lindsay Lohan is raging over her new Vanity Fair profile.
The "Mean Girls" star claims VF writer Evgenia Peretz "lied" when she reported that the 19-year-old actress had battled bulimia.
"The words that I gave to the writer for Vanity Fair were misused and misconstrued, and I'm appalled with the way it was done," Lohan said in a statement to Teen People. "Aside from [the writer's] lies and changing of my words, I am blessed to have this job and wonderful family that I do."
Vanity Fair fired back with a statement of its own, defending Peretz, the daughter of New Republic Editor in Chief Martin Peretz.
"Evgenia Peretz is one of our most reliable reporters," the magazine said. "Every word Lindsay Lohan told her is on tape. Vanity Fair stands by the story."
Hmm, misused and miscontrued? Kinda hard to missconstrue words in such a way that saying something like "Hi, I'm really happy to be here" comes out sounding like "Hi, I barf after I eat" guess some of the studios are telling her that you are supposed to pretend that Hollywood is good for you and that everybody there just has a fast metabolism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home