Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cheese with that Wine?

NBCNEWS chief White House correspondent David Gregory warned President Bush's spokesman on Monday not to be a "jerk!"The heated exchange came during a press gathering at the White House.Gregory asked White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan about the Cheney hunting accident.'David, hold on, the cameras aren't on right now,' McClellan replied. 'You can do this later.''Don't accuse me of trying to pose to the cameras,' Gregory said, voice rising. 'Don't be a jerk to me personally when I'm asking you a serious question.''You don't have to yell,' McClellan said.'I will yell,'' said Gregory, pointing a finger at McCellan at his dais. 'If you want to use that podium to try to take shots at me personally, which I don't appreciate, then I will raise my voice, because that's wrong.''Calm down, Dave, calm down,' said McClellan.'I'll calm down when I feel like calming down,' Gregory said. 'You answer the question.''I have answered the question,' said McClellan, who had maintained that the vice president's office was in charge of getting the information out and worked with the ranch owner to do that. 'I'm sorry you're getting all riled up about.' 'I am riled up,' Gregory said, 'because you're not answering the question.

Whats amazing to me is that the press wastes more time reporting on stories of interest to them than on stories for everybody else, i.e. soldiers get killed in Iraq everyday yet when a reporter got killed we had to suffer through days of their focusing on that story. Ok guys, we get it, you knew the guy, but guess what, we didn't. This is the same, the White House press corps is just pissed because some small local paper broke the story about Cheney shooting that guy, and they are pissed because the editors can see that they don't do any real reporting, they just sit on their asses and write what the White House Press Secretary reports. Heres an idea, get out there and dig up a story and stop bitching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home